Romans 5:15-20 The Message
Outrageous – Excessive, wildly exaggerated or improbable. exceeding the limits of what is usual, Being beyond all reason; extravagant, extraordinary, or immoderate
Spiritual Frustration we face when not understanding GRACE
(Romans 7:15 NLT) “I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate.”
• It distorts your view of God.
• You feel increasingly hopeless & frustrated
• You become discouraged & defensive.
• You have no joy or happiness.
• You begin to lose your life.
(Romans 6:12-14 NLT) “Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God... Sin is no longer your master... Instead, you live under the freedom of Godʼs grace.”
1. Outrageous Grace gives your credit for something you didn’t do
James 2:10 (NIV) – For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Romans 3:21-30 / I John 4:10 / Romans 4:17-19 / I Corinthians 1:30
2. Outrageous that we can have PEACE with God
Romans 5:1 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 Corinthians 5:17 / Romans 8:1-4
Because of GRACE, God is not holding anything against anyone!
2 Corinthians 5:19